MapIt is a GIS app designed to support GPS data collection and any kind of GPS based surveys. It’s a mobile GIS tool for land and field surveyors and anyone dealing with environmental and GIS data. MapIt makes GIS data collection or field survey process faster and more efficient.
App can be also used as a tool for measurement and to calculate area or distance.
When registering location simply choose required attributes from defined drop-down list, no need to type the same information over and over again. Import long list of attributes from text files and re-use them in number of projects. If necessary you can add one or more pictures to each location as well.
If you are working in the field, gathering large amount of spatial (location) based data this app is designed for you.
Map It is a very useful tool for anyone involved in forestry, agriculture, environmental or farming business and allows quick collection of spatial data without the need of typing similar information number of times.
Speed up your workflow and make the data collection more efficient. Take advantage of survey layers and possibility to re-use same set of attributes for multiple surveys. Export your data to common files like CSV, KML, GeoJSON, ArcGIS JSON, DXF and post process your data using Desktop GIS software like ArcGIS, ArcGIS Online or QGIS and other tools like MS Excel.
Please visit our website and follow a Walk-Through (sample tree’s survey) http://mapit-gis.com to understand better the application workflow.
Support for number of coordinate systems: WGS84 (decimal or degrees), Web Mercator, British National Grid, UTM SAD69 (Brazil), UTM NAD83, NATO, Stereo 70 (Romania), System 1992 (Poland), UTM Indian 1975 (Thailand), SIRGAS 2000 UTM coordinate system for South & Latin America, ETRS89 TM06 – Portugal, D73 Modified Portuguese Grid.
Features useful for Mobile Data Collection:
– Base maps: Google Maps, Bing Maps, Open Street Map, Mapbox and Offline mbtiles,
– Support for WMS and ArcGIS Server Tiled map services as Google Maps Overlays (Topographic maps, orthophoto maps, geological surveys, cadastral information and number of other country specific free services can be used now together with Google maps as an overlay),
– Possibility to create and maintain sets of attributes – these are available as a drop down lists when new feature is being recorded, long lists of values can be imported from text files.
– Clusters for map markers, efficient way of having large number of points on the map without performance issues,
– Currently 3 methods of collection are supported (GPS location, Map cursor location, tracking),
– Possibility to group your data into the survey layers – each survey layer may have a default set of attributes.
– Local SD card export or share option. At the moment KML, CSV, GeoJSON, ArcGIS JSON and DXF export is supported,
– Possibility to record multiple points, polylines and polygons on one layer,
– When creating new polygon or line features measurement details like area or length are also available.
– GPS and satellites status,
– Address, location search,
– Import point, line and polygon features into layer from CSV, KML or geojson file,
– Backup management,
– Import/Export attributes from file and much more to discover…
Our users are successfully using MapIt in number of applications including:
– environmental surveys,
– woodland surveys,
– forestry planning and woodland management surveys,
– agriculture and soils’ types surveys,
– road constructions,
– land surveying,
– solar panels applications,
– roofing and fencing,
– tree surveys,
– GPS surveying,
– site surveying and soil samples gathering
If you are surveyor of any kind please check out this app and discover how it can save your time.